WHO CAN WE SERVE?
We provide services to any American Indian or Alaska Native who is registered or of lineal decent to a federally recognized tribe.
If there is an emergency that occurs after hours please contact either:
- St. Alexius Emergency Department by calling
- or the local Spirit Lake Police Department by dialing 911 or 701-766-4231
Everyone at some time has feelings and problems that they may not be able to carry alone. Some people even become so unhappy or upset that they may become a problem to themselves or others. We will listen closely to you, help you express your feelings, identify solutions and think through decisions. Many people have been helped through times of trouble and sadness by sharing concerns with someone else. Modern medication may also be of some benefit to you. If you feel that you could use this kind of help, we believe you are showing strength, not weakness, to ask for help.
Spirit Lake Health Center Behavioral Health Department envisions American Indian and Alaska Native communities achieving the highest levels of well-being through culturally based initiatives that integrate traditional practices and Western medicine in the context of holistic individual, family, community, and intergenerational health.
The mission of the Behavioral Health Division is to instill balanced wellness and resilience throughout American Indian and Alaska Native communities in partnership with Tribes, Tribal organizations, and Urban Indian Health organizations, as well as the federal, state, and local agencies. The Division seeks to foster excellence in holistic approaches that promote healthy lifestyles, families, and communities.
TYPES OF SERVICES
Any individual who is in crisis may be seen the same day. However, there may be a wait if there is not a provider immediately available.
- Family Problems and Conflict
- Child / Parent Relationship Problems
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Life Adjustment Issues
- Relationship Difficulties
- Emotional & Thinking Problems
- Trauma Based Therapy
- Resource Access & Coordination Needs
- Bereavement Counseling
- Parenting Classes
- Licensed Social Work Evaluations & Assessments
- Emergency Crisis Intervention for Suicidal or Homicidal Thoughts or Behavior
- Behavioral Health Issues Pertaining to but not limited to Depression, Anxiety, Adjustment Disorder, etc.